4th Conference of the American Pragmatics Association.
Abstracts must be 250-400 words max. in length (depending on format of presentation, including title, excluding references). Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per person.
Abstracts & proposals for all presentation formats must be submitted through EasyAbstracts (http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/ampra2018). The system opens on October 1, 2017.
When submitting the abstract or proposal, please specify your preference of format as well as the strand you would preferably like to be considered for.
- Panels: Panel organizers are expected to send their proposal (max. 400 words) with a list of possible participants to the conference committee. Panel sessions will be scheduled for no more than two time-slots (2×90 minutes).
- Roundtables: Roundtable organizers can invite up to six scholars to discuss one or more issues in any subfield of pragmatics. Contributions to the roundtable can be in different formats such as short debate-starters, opinion-summaries, questions, etc.
- ‘Traditional’ Presentations: Papers submitted for this format must be research papers that present the results of a research project. Accepted papers will get 30 minutes for presentation, including discussion time.
- Short Presentations: Papers submitted for this format must be statement papers, work-in progress papers or opinion papers. Accepted papers will get 20 minutes for presentation, including discussion time.
- Poster Presentations: A poster presentation is regarded as an advertisement of an on-going project. It combines text and graphics to present the project in a way that is visually interesting and accessible.
Abstract submission for all formats:
- Deadline: February 15th, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2018