Teaching and learning L2 pragmatics:
Second language pragmatic development in the home and study abroad contexts
28-29 June 2018 – Preston, United Kingdom
Call for Papers – Deadline: 15 March 2018
- Professor Naoko Taguchi (Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA)
- Professor Guofang Li (University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada)
- Professor Gila A Schauer (Erfurt University, Germany)
- Professor Dániel Kádár (University of Huddersfield, UK)
- Dr Ken Fordyce (University of Edinburgh, UK)
This conference is themed towards second language pragmatic development in learning and teaching. We particularly welcome papers focussing on Chinese as a second language, or Chinese learners of English at home or in study abroad contexts.
- Papers and posters are invited from researchers or practitioners in any field of language learning and teaching, to focus on an aspect of the conference theme:
- The teaching and learning of L2 Chinese pragmatics at home or study abroad
- The teaching and learning of pragmatics for Chinese English language learners at home or study abroad
- Effective ways of teaching pragmatics in the classroom
- Using ICT for pragmatic development
- Pre-departure and in country pragmatics instruction
- Testing and assessing pragmatic development
- Affective factors influencing pragmatic development (e.g. motivation)
Abstract Proposals & Conference Enquiries
Papers are invited for presentations of 20 minutes + 10 minutes for questions. Poster proposals are also welcome. A title and 250 word (maximum) proposal plus 50 word summary (all in one word document) should be submitted by Thursday 15th March 2018 to the following link: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/l2pragdev2018
For any other enquiries, please contact L2pragmaticdevelopment@gmail.com
Please visit https://uclanl2pragmatics2018.wordpress.com/ for the conference website.
We look forward to seeing you in Preston in June 2018!
-Nicola and Jiayi